Tuesday, January 8, 2019

She's Never Home

It's occurred to me that my soon-to-be empty nest won't be much different from the one I'm living in now. My high school senior is hardly ever home these days. Between school, her friends, her boyfriend, extracurricular activities, and trips to the mall, my husband and I only catch glimpses of her as she runs in and out of the house.

Maybe college will allow us some quality time with her again? Maybe it will be a little easier to pin her down for a meal or (dare I suggest) an outing to the movies? I certainly hope so. I miss her already, and she's not even gone yet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normal

Just like that, she's gone. The last few months flew by. One minute we were in the middle of scholarship applications and picking o...