Saturday, January 5, 2019

It Scares Me

Eleanore Roosevelt once said, "Do one thing every day that scares you."

And so I am. I am starting my blog on preparing for and facing the empty nest years.

I truly am scared. I know many parents welcome these years with open arms -- their jobs as parents (for the most part) is behind them, and so they celebrate. Me, not so much.

Parenting my daughters and seeing them through every phase of development has been a true joy, and there's nothing I love more than a house full of noisy, messy teenagers. That will all end very soon when my youngest daughter goes off to college this fall.

Stay with me and share your thoughts, stories and affirmations on these years. It's going to be a mixed bag, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normal

Just like that, she's gone. The last few months flew by. One minute we were in the middle of scholarship applications and picking o...