Monday, January 7, 2019

Celebrating College Acceptance Letters

My youngest worked diligently to get her college applications in early and her hard work has been rewarded. Before the holidays she heard from two schools, and another one just landed in our mailbox. All three acceptance letters!

It's been a joy to see her so excited, and I have to admit, I feel pretty good myself. All those years helping with homework, projects, field trips, and everything that went along with 12 years of public school have paid off.

But this isn't about me. It's about her. These colleges want her to be a part of their incoming class -- not me. We're equally excited. She hasn't made any decisions yet, and we have time before she has to commit. For now, we're just going to enjoy the glow that comes with the payoff of a job well done.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normal

Just like that, she's gone. The last few months flew by. One minute we were in the middle of scholarship applications and picking o...