Thursday, January 10, 2019

Just Call Me "The Lunch Lady"

For seven years I prepared my youngest daughter's school lunch everyday. When she hit middle school she happily took over the daily responsibility, and I happily agreed. She never much cared for my food and snack choices, and I was willing to delegate any chore that I could. But we have a new routine this year, her senior year of high school, and I have to admit I'm enjoying it.

Two or three times a week she asks me to make her lunch. I rarely refuse. While she gets ready for school, running around the house like a blur, I throw together a sandwich, some veggies and dip, and something for dessert. There will only be so many opportunities for me to do this for her so I'm making the most of them.

Still her mom, but also the lunch lady. I'm perfectly fine with that.


More About Teen Lunches





No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Normal

Just like that, she's gone. The last few months flew by. One minute we were in the middle of scholarship applications and picking o...